any industrial process system the movement of feedstock in, reaction materials
around and product streams from a facility involves extensive use of piping.
It is critical that materials are free to flow from one point to another
through the piping infrastructure. Any issues within a pipeline such as
a blockage, flow maldistribution in header systems, slugging or a leak
through a valve that should be sealed will result in process inefficiencies.
In addition to pipeline content it is also important that the integrity
of the pipe itself is maintained to avoid rupture and leakage of potentially
Tracerco offers a range of diagnostic technologies that allow suspect
pipe work to be studied in order that process issues can be confirmed,
and, if necessary, corrective actions planned. TRACERCO Diagnostics™ Scanning
Technologies and Tracer Applications allow the detection of:
- the location and extent of pipeline deposits without the need to shutdown
the process system,
- flow velocities for accurate flow measurement in pipelines that may
have a suspect flow meter or no meter installed,
- flow distribution throughout a header system,
- presence of liquid slugs in gas or vice versa,
- moisture under insulation that is the precursor to pipe wall corrosion.
In addition to our range of service technologies, Tracerco offers a sensitive
density gauge that is commonly used to measure fluid
density, slurry concentration or the presence, volume and velocity of
hydrocarbon, water or vapor slugs.