Are you looking for a job with challenging and interesting work, the ability to use your skills and experience to add value to a globally based business?
Are you an Oil and Gas Commercial Professional, providing products or services to the Refinery industry in either the UK, Europe or Africa markets?
Do you hold the commensurate experience capable of generating £2M+ sales revenue per annum in this market?
Then you will be interested in this fantastic opportunity.
Tracerco is a world leading industrial technology company providing unique and specialised detection, diagnostic and measurement solutions. Headquartered in Billingham in North East England, Tracerco employs around 400 people worldwide and is part of the Johnson Matthey Group.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Measurement Insight Commercial team.
In this position you will be part of the Commercial Sales team responsible for achieving annual revenue target of circa £2.5 million for the region covering UK, Africa & Southern Europe. Contribute to achievement of company operating profit & working capital targets along with long term growth in line with company strategy. Identify & approach potential clients for the range of services within the Measurement Insights Process Diagnostics portfolio. This role includes key account management of existing clients as well as new business generation in both new and existing markets.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager for Europe Middle East and Africa it will include working collaboratively with colleagues and staff. The role will be responsible for a direct report.
As part of a successful and busy team you will enjoy a forward-thinking culture and progressive environment. Based in the UK working from your home office and our UK office, a modern and friendly office environment, located in the Billingham area.
You’ll enjoy access to an excellent salary, bonus, paid travel and expenses, plus a full rewards package, plus working with top class people and superb career development opportunities.
- Ensure delivery of territory revenue and operating profit targets. Complete annual sales and business development plan for the territory. Practice an exemplary attitude to safety and ethical practices at all times, according to JM and Tracerco policies and standards, as well as customers rules and any local laws, rules and regulations.
- Ownership of the sales process from start to finish with responsibility for ensuring high quality technical proposals are delivered to customers and orders are closed in a timely manner. Carry out regular customer visits within the territory with a mix of key accounts & new customers. Manage third party intermediaries & sales agents as necessary in the territory.
- Plan and execute business development strategy for the territory to deliver long term sustainable growth. Maintain a detailed rolling 3 month forecast along with longer term sales planning and forecasting based on industry knowledge of turnarounds & major projects.
- Maintain a high level of process industry knowledge in order to help shape the overall business strategy. Attend industry conferences as necessary and present technical papers.
- Help shape and execute the marketing plan for the territory
- Work closely with operations to ensure projects are delivered to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- 50% + travel within the territory. Manage developed markets such as UK, Spain & Italy. Develop new business in growing areas such as West Africa (e.g. Angola) East Africa (e.g. Mozambique) and The Republic of South Africa.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Educated to degree level in STEM subject or with significant experience in the Oil & Gas market (essential).
- Significant experience of technical sales and business development (essential).
- Proven track record of delivering sales targets £2M+ sales revenue per annum (essential).
- Ability to work on own initiative and deliver results (essential).
- Ability to identify, access and influence key decision makers (essential).
- Possess a good understanding of business drivers and buying decision making.
- Demonstrate and ability to listen to client’s requirements and offer solutions to meet their needs.
- Possess experience of solution and product sales.
- Driven, delivery focussed, and anticipates and manages risk.
- Creative and strategic thinker.
- Uses initiative to spot opportunities, acts without being asked.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally – must have valid full UK/European driving licence and Passport.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.