Are you a qualified and experienced Embedded Software Engineer and Contractor available to work on from JAN 2020?
Are you looking to work in a fast-paced engineering environment which is building an Agile approach to product development?
Then you will be interested in this fantastic opportunity.
Tracerco is a world leading industrial technology company providing unique and specialised detection, diagnostic and measurement solutions. Headquartered in Billingham in North East England, Tracerco employs around 400 people worldwide and is part of the Johnson Matthey Group.
We are currently looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our Product Development and Innovation team for a 6 months contract. You’ll enjoy access to an excellent day rate, plus working with top class people on interesting product development opportunities.
Reporting to the Project Manager it will include working collaboratively with colleagues and staff on the design, implementation of embedded software for Tracerco’s instruments and support Tracerco’s services across the globe. By its nature, Embedded Software Development has a large overlap with Electronics Development, so the Embedded Software Engineer role is expected to involve a mix of Electronic and Embedded Software work, with a greater emphasis on Embedded Software.
As part of a successful and busy team you will enjoy a forward-thinking culture and progressive environment, based in a modern and friendly office environment, located in the Billingham area.
- Support the verification and validation of embedded software which will also include code reviews, unit testing, modelling of software in SysML / UML.
- Support integration and validation testing, updating DOORS requirements and test information.
- Collaborate within the project Team that has a mix of skills to deliver products to project plans efficiently.
- Produce and review technical, quality and production documentation to support the delivery of the quality and assurance package to aid in independent third-party assessment.
- Work safely at all times and proactively engage with EHS activities in order to protect wellbeing of all Tracerco employees and customers, and limit Tracerco’s environmental impact.
- Carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Educated to degree or an equivalent level in electronics engineering, or related discipline such as computer science.
- Have a proven track record with commensurate level of experience within a similar position.
- Experience of embedded software development using C programming and unit test skills.
- Good level of knowledge and competency in SysML / UML.
- Good knowledge of software version control tools and best practice (preferably git).
- Experience working with Real-time Operating Systems.
- Experience of producing and controlling technical and production documentation.
- Knowledge of common industrial communication protocols (preferably Modbus, HART).
- Fundamental understanding of electronics principles and electronic production methods (highly desirable).
- Experience of electronic circuit design and testing (including compliance testing) (highly desirable).
- Experience of developing application software using C# .NET (highly desirable).
- Experience of unit testing and continuous integration in embedded software development (highly desirable).
- Experience working to functional safety standards (e.g. IEC 61508) (highly desirable).
- Experience in the application of the MISRA C guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience of the Ceedling suite of test tools.
- Experience of working in IEC 61508 software development lifecycles for embedded systems.
- Experience using Enterprise Architect modelling tools.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Close Date 15th December