A graduate mechanical engineer position gives Tracerco the opportunity to recruit a new fresh individual into the business that we can develop to become one of our key staff members in the future.
Reporting to the CPI Engineering Manager, the role will be required to support and provide the engineering design service for the business. Initially the role will be fully supported with training and guidance given as the graduate learns the business and the role requirements. Eventually the individual will be expected to work with minimal support to pursue robust engineering designs to cost, specification and schedule within a structured multidiscipline team. It is important that the candidate can perform basic engineering calculations unsupported and is familiar with a 3D CAD modelling/drafting package, is highly computer literate and able to author documents in Microsoft office to support the product requirements.
The candidate will have many opportunities to develop working within a varied multidiscipline engineering team and would be expected to look to continuously develop themselves and grow within the role.
- Design, develop, test and support mechanical components and assemblies, to support and develop Tracerco’s product portfolio.
- Maintain a commitment to personal continuing professional development (CPD), learning and development within role.
- Collaborate closely with other members of the CPI and NPI Engineering team and the wider, multi-discipline product development team to deliver products to project plans efficiently
- Work safely at all times and proactively engage with EHS activities in order to protect wellbeing of all Tracerco employees and customers, and limit Tracerco’s environmental impact
- Carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- The Graduate Mechanical Engineer will be expected to work under guidance initially and build competence and confidence to work independently to fulfil the application and continuous product improvement projects.
- The Graduate Mechanical Engineer will have increasing autonomy over their work and will be expected to start to take control and action tasks under their own authority over time. Eventually become sufficient to the point of running the engineering of a project or product improvement without assistance.
- The Graduate must have an interest in learning to use engineering analysis tools, specifically for stress analysis, radiation analysis, hand calculations.
- The Graduate will be expected to learn to work to world recognised engineering standards and internal standards to design compliant and safe products.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Masters or Degree in mechanical engineering, related course, or equivalent experience
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical principles
- Understanding of manufacturing methods
- Experience using electronic design software
- Ability to research, learn and adapt
- Collaborative problem solving in a team environment
- Good personal time management
- Commitment to personal professional development
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact UKRecruit@matthey.com.
Closing date for applications: 27 October 2021