Are you looking for a job with challenging and interesting work, the ability to develop your skills and gain experience within a globally based business?
Do you hold a degree or an equivalent qualification in Engineering, Science or Mathematics and have an interest in electronic engineering and Physics?
Then you will be interested in this fantastic opportunity.
Tracerco is a world leading industrial technology company providing unique and specialised detection, diagnostic and measurement solutions. Headquartered in Billingham in North East England, Tracerco employs around 400 people worldwide and is part of the Johnson Matthey Group.
We are currently looking for a Technical Support Graduate Engineer to join our Measurement Insight team.
In this position you will be part of the (Specialist Measurement) SM Technology Team, supporting the SM Technology Manager it will include working collaboratively with colleagues and staff to provide specialised product and application support for Specialist Measurement Project deliveries, SM Services and SM Systems teams.
- Supporting all aspects of application design throughout the entire design/product life cycle.
- Providing technical product support for the global SM Team; identifying commonly raised issues and developing systems/methodologies to streamline/eliminate future support efforts.
- Root cause analysis of warranty returns including fault finding, repairs and identification of potential improvements (including hardware, firmware and software)
- Implementing system improvements, providing product testing and trial support, and production of technical project documentation.
- Production and testing of prototypes for current and future projects.
- Building relationships, technology transfer working with internal and external customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- As part of a successful and busy team you will enjoy a forward-thinking culture and progressive environment, based in a modern and friendly office environment, located in the Billingham area
- You’ll enjoy access to an excellent salary, bonus and full rewards package, plus working with top class people and superb career development opportunities.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- HND/Degree or equivalent qualified in Engineering, Science or Mathematics (i.e. Electronic engineering, Physics).
- Experience of instrumentation/electronic design both digital and analogue including the ability to read and understand schematics.
- Experience in the repair/modification of electronic equipment – down to discrete component level.
- Excellent analytical and diagnosis skills with a common-sense approach to deliver practical and novel engineering solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop internal software packages to model systems and ideas and analyse data sets.
- Ability to take ideation through to final tangible delivery.
- Ability to follow and produce project documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and develop working relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge of radiation physics, hazardous area concepts and use of CAD software packages (AutoCAD, Solidworks) would be advantageous.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
CLOSE DATE: 27th February 2020