Are you looking for a job with challenging and interesting work, the ability to use your skills and experience to add value to a globally based business?
Do you hold a professional qualification and have appropriate experience as a management accountant?
Then you will be interested in this fantastic opportunity.
Tracerco is a world leading industrial technology company providing unique and specialised detection, diagnostic and measurement solutions. Headquartered in Billingham in North East England, Tracerco employs around 450 people worldwide and is part of the Johnson Matthey Group.
We are currently looking for a Management Accountant to join our Finance team.
In this position you will be part of the Finance team responsible for carrying out financial outputs 2 entities (Tracerco Europe and Tracerco Norway) and will assist with Tracerco UK. The role will be responsible for a direct report.
Reporting to the Financial Controller it will include working collaboratively with colleagues and staff and representatives from across Tracerco group of companies, including some travel when necessary to support the business.
As part of a successful and busy team you will enjoy a forward-thinking culture and progressive environment, based in a modern and friendly office environment, located in the Billingham area.
You’ll enjoy access to an excellent salary, annual bonus and a full rewards package, plus working with top class people and superb career development opportunities.
- Delivery of accounting outputs in line with group reporting timetable. Outputs will be reviewed by Financial Controller. Accounting outputs defined as monthly management accounts and Monthly Operating Reports (MOR), annual budget, Financial Accounts (FA) pack (interim and year end).
- Day to day supervision and coaching of direct report.
- Act as the finance point of contact for inventory management, including liaising with logistics teams to manage and monitor stock levels, perform spot audits to validate accuracy of inventory and manage required stock provisions.
- Prepare sales analysis, product analysis, and cost analysis reports for operational stakeholders and act as their finance representative to drive profitability within the business.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in producing statutory information for the overseas branches of Tracerco UK in Oman, Norway, Abu Dhabi, Azerbaijan and Australia. Statutory information defined as statistical reports, monthly and quarterly VAT reports and annual account extracts for local income statements and tax returns.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed monthly for review by Financial Controller.
- Continual review of accounting processes to identify efficiencies/improvements and ensure effective and efficient working practices are adopted.
- Provide ad hoc support to projects led by the Financial Controller/Finance Director.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Newly qualified with professional accounting body (CIMA or ACCA) with a year’s PQE working experience.
- An in depth understanding of International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Exposure to multi-currency environment (desirable).
- Working experience with SAP & MRP systems, including reporting (desirable).
- Excellent communication skills, including discussion of finance matters with non-finance / operations people.
- Able to work on minimum supervision.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Challenge people to drive the best outcome for the business.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.