Tracerco, part of Johnson Matthey Plc, is a world-leading industrial technology company with over 60 years’ experience. We provide companies all over the world with the insights they need to make informed decisions about their operations. Using innovative technology, we measure the unmeasurable, access the inaccessible and help solve the impossible. Our expertise allows customers to operate more productively, effectively and safely. With offices across six continents, Tracerco is a global leader with local values.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Level 2 Monitors Technician Apprentice to join our Tracerco Business at our site in Billingham. The apprenticeship will be offered on a 12-month fixed term basis with a view to progressing to become a fully qualified Technician. You will be working within the Tracerco Assurance Department, performing repairs and calibrations of radiation detection equipment to the required standard and in accordance with relevant regulations.
Through our Apprentice Programme we will equip you with the experience, industry recognised accredited qualifications and tools to succeed. You will spend 80% of your time gaining real hands on experience in the role and 20% dedicated to your Apprenticeship studies.
Please click on the link below to find out more about the Apprenticeship role on offer:
- Responsible for receiving and correctly logging radiation monitors onto the Monitors calibration database.
- Responsible for ensuring monitor calibrations are accurate and done to the correct standard, prior to return to the client.
- Basic QC of new sale instrumentation.
- Responsible for identifying faults in customer instrumentation and implementing the required repair prior to calibration.
- Responsible for performing Hazardous Area compliance checks on customer equipment.
- Responsible for providing technical support to the customer when required, in support of the customer service administrator.
- Responsible for packaging customer equipment (radiation monitors) appropriately prior to return shipment.
- Continuously seeking out improvements in the process of their duties.
- Maintaining good communications with customer support staff, to allow us to fully support our customers’ needs and respond in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Working in accordance with company health and safety procedures to ensure safe operation of the facility.
- To take on any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have/be:
- Good knowledge of MS Office software.
- Must have a minimum GCSE A*-D or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Experience with hand tools and soldering equipment would be desirable.
- Basic knowledge of electronic/electrical components/systems would be desirable.
- A good team player.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- An analytical thinker.
- An ability and willingness to learn.
- Highly motivated and well organised with the ability to prioritise workload.
How to apply
We are looking for an adaptable, agile learner to join our team and support our growing business to its fullest potential. If you have the necessary skills and experience to help us succeed, please apply online.
Closing date for applications: 14th February 2021